JUST FYI

I do NOT have texting, y'all. If you need to reach me to book a session, change a session, cancel a session or ask me a time sensitive question -you gotta call me-sorry! I refuse to conduct business any other way! I prefer for my business to be a personal experience. Besides, we have to talk anyway or else I wouldn't be able to suggest the right location or get to know y'all before we meet!! Trust me-that pre-session phone consultation makes a difference!! So, call me at 469-955-4922 to reach me! Thanks!

ARCHIVES

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep....

I have been an affiliate photographer for this wonderful organization since last September. The reason for my post is to provide information for the general public and to hopefully recruit some great photographers to help with the cause.

This organization was started in 2005 by Cheryl Haggard and Sandy Puc. Cheryl lost her son Maddux and asked Sandy to document the last moments that they would ever have with her baby. In retrospect, Cheryl found that the photos offered her relief and comfort. It allowed her to remember her son--the fine details such as his pouty lips and the way his fingers wrapped around hers. It helped to ease the pain and it also gave her an ability to share those moments with her family and friends. Something tangible to say, "he was here and he was loved".

Death is often an uncomfortable subject, however, it is one that people must face daily. This is not a "gross" organization. We are not "death photographers"--we are documenting a life--one that was cut too short. A life is a life...no matter how brief. It is worth celebrating and deserves recognition.

Over 3200 photographers in 12 countries are now a part of this organization. Unfortunately, most families who lose a baby find out about us too late. This is why it is so important to educate the public and the hospitals that we are here to help.

Another issue is having enough photographers to help cover the high demand. I know first hand that we need more help in Dallas. I know that many good hearted people read this blog...many are photographers. If you are interested in being considered as an affiliate photographer, then please visit the website www.nowilaymedowntosleep.com.

If you would like to assist me in a session sometime, then please email me
@ brandifornof@hotmail.com or call me at 469-955-4922


In Memory of Baby Luis--my first session.






3 comments:

Jenny said...

You know how highly we think of what you and this organization does. Good job and keep up the great work...the more and more i think about it the more our pictures mean. I couldn't imagine not having them..what a wonderful gift to give someone who has lost so much.

Anonymous said...

Speachless!!! What an AMAZING gift to give to these parents!!! GREAT WORK!!!

Anonymous said...

i will be happy to assist you with these anytime Brandi. anytime.