JUST FYI

I do NOT have texting, y'all. If you need to reach me to book a session, change a session, cancel a session or ask me a time sensitive question -you gotta call me-sorry! I refuse to conduct business any other way! I prefer for my business to be a personal experience. Besides, we have to talk anyway or else I wouldn't be able to suggest the right location or get to know y'all before we meet!! Trust me-that pre-session phone consultation makes a difference!! So, call me at 469-955-4922 to reach me! Thanks!

ARCHIVES

Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep....

I know that I have blogged about this wonderful organization before, but I wanted to share this video from NBC with everyone. A few days ago, I received a call from a woman whose daughter had just given birth to her only grandson. Unfortunately, he only survived for a hour after birth.

What upset me most about this call is that I normally get calls from the nurses on duty--not the parents/grandparents. The hospital in Fort Worth where this baby was born did not know about the services that Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep offers. By the time the grandmother called me, they had taken the baby for an autopsy and photos were no longer an option.

This upset me greatly because I ALWAYS go on these calls if it is at all possible and I missed this one---all because the nursing staff and hospital didn't know about us. The only reason grandma was able to call me is because her friend told her about me. I was able to go to the hospital, meet the family, and retrieve their memory card of photos of the baby before he was taken for autopsy. I am going to do my best to make those photos look good so that they will have something to hang up in their home.

Do not be afraid to mention this service to families you know who lose a baby or who are carrying a baby to term despite a grave prognosis. I want to add that this is a free service and it is not isolated only to babies. Children of any age are photographed as a preservation for the family. Photos help so much in the healing process and they will be thankful that you thought of them.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Brandi
It doesn’t surprise me that your are involved with this organization! You have such a kind heart and are an amazing person! What a wonderful thing you and the other photographers! OK got to go put my makeup back on! I will share this blog with others!

glam R baby said...

Wow...what a great story! Thanks for sharing this! XOXO Love ya girl!